REQUIREMENTS FOR TRUCK REGISTRATION/PERMIT WITH NPA
Interested truck owners shall:
- Ensure that the truck(s) is/are in a good working condition that meets NPA’s Minimum Safety Standard (See checklist).
- Contact the Safety Department of Nigerian Ports Authority, HQ to invite truck for inspection: Fleet owners with ten trucks and above could be visited in their holding bays within Lagos state, while owners with less than ten trucks should take trucks to Brawal Yard, Kirikiri Terminal Phase 1 (KLT) for safety inspection.
- Trucks inspected and found to meet the Minimum Safety Standard shall be issued a Safety Certification paper. Trucks that do not meet the Minimum Safety Standard shall have to represent for inspection at a later date.
- Safety Certification paper shall be taken to Safety office, HQ for authentication.
- Authenticated Safety Certification paper shall be taken to Commercial Department in the Port where a Debit Note shall be raised and issued to the applicant.
- Payment of the sum shall be made in favour of the Nigerian Ports Authority in any Bank of the trucker’s choice.
- On confirmation of payment NPA’s Accounts Department, Lagos Ports Complex, Apapa shall issue NPA Payment Receipt for the payment.
- NPA Payment Receipt shall be taken to the Safety Department and stickers for the current year shall be issued accordingly. Each sticker is issued specific to a truck and valid only for January to December of the year of issuance.
Associated Charge of
N10, 000.00 (Ten thousand naira) per truck