- This is the routine maintenance of our Channels carried out by Channel Management Companies.
- The Activities involved include dredging, wreck removal, provision of navigational aids and general channel management aimed at providing 24/7 safe and secured pilotage in all the Pilotage Districts.
- Quarterly Bathymetric Surveys for monitoring of siltation, dredging, wreck removal, provision of navigational aids etc.
- Technical Audit is carried out by Joint Venture Technical Auditors with NPA’s technical supervisor (Hydrography/ Dredging department) confirming the report.
- Quarterly Bathymetric Survey
- Technical Audit report by Joint Venture Technical Auditors
- Hydrography/Dredging department confirmation report
- Vessels $0.72/GRT
- Tugs/crafts < 50GRT $216.00 (Annual)
- Tugs/crafts > 50GRT $1084.00 (Annual)
- Service Boats $7.818.00 (In/Out)
- Ashore – Ship Agent makes application to Port Manager (PM)
- Commercial department raises Debit Note
- Ship Agent Makes payment
- PM on confirmation of payment gives approval to Ship Agent and copies Harbour Master/Traffic Manager, Security, Fire Service and Environment
- Off-Shore – No designated area for off-shore bunkering.
- Naval Permit
- Ship Master’s request for the bunkering
- DPR Allocation
- NCS Approval
- Pollution Free Certificate
- Pollution Incident Report
- Foreign $2.1/Ton
- TWA/Coastal ₦13/Ton
- Fire Service Stand-by Duty $65/Shift
- Major Pollution USD 50,000 per m2
- Minor Pollution USD 16,000 per m2
- Plus cost of Cleanup and Remediation.
- Any emergency situation is reported to the Harbour Master via Port control for immediate response, stating the nature of emergence by all Vessels.
- In case of oil Spillage, NPA’s Pollution Control should be contacted immediately on VHF 12, 14, and 16 or via Port Control on VHF 14.
- In case of any collision, loss of engine, steering problem, the pilot will advise on a safe anchoring position within the channel or request the assistance of Tugs.
- For Fire incident, Port Control should be contacted immediately for necessary advice or action.
- Vessels should always have their anchors on standby when transiting the channels.
Response to Distress Call
International Rules and Rates of Salvage apply.
- Application for Mid-stream Operations is made to the Minister (FMOT).
- The FMOT forwards same to NPA for Technical/Safety Input.
- The Minister grants approval after receipt of NPA’s input.
- Confirmation of payment of all relevant charges, including charges from stakeholders.
- Ship Particulars
- Cargo Manifest
- Ship Entry Notice (SEN)
Cargo Dues: $1.21/ton
Three (3) areas are earmarked for Ship-to-Ship/Ship-to-Rig Operations. These are Lagos, Bonny-Port Harcourt and Warri Pilotage Districts.
Summary sheet containing tonnage lifted.
Ship Dues: $0.633 X
Midstream – $1.21/ton
EPL – $0.10/ton
Facility Charge – N7.50/ton
- Shipping Agent gets approval to berth vessel from the Port Manager.
- On Arrival of vessel, when there is No Berthing Prospect, the Master of Vessel notifies Port Control of proceeding to Anchorage Area to drop anchor.
- Anchorage position is communicated to the Signal Station for further directive from the Ship Agent.
- Due to low productivity at berth the vessel may be kicked out to Anchorage to allow another vessel to use berth.
Approved Berthing Permit from the Port Manager consisting of;
- Cargo Manifest
- Provisional Bill raised
- Receipt of payment
One (1) day
NIGERIAN FLAG VESSELS/TWA:
Below 100 LOA X $0.80 X No. of Days
Above 101 – 150 LOA X $0.85 X No. of Days
Above 151 LOA X $1.2 X No. of Days
FOREIGN FLAG VESSELS:
Below 100 LOA X $1.8 X No. of Days
Above 101 – 150 LOA X $2.0 X No. of Days
Above 151 LOA X $2.2 X No. of Days
- NPA Environment Officers and appointed Agents monitor the lifting of crude Oil at Loading Terminals and transmit lifting information to NPA.
- OTD/CPR meetings are held monthly for reconciliation and billing purposes.
- NPA raises outstanding OTD/CPR bills and pass same to NPA’s appointed Revenue Collection Agents
- Pilotage Certificate
- Bi-weekly statement
- Summary certificate
- Statement of facts
- Debit Notes raised on OTD and CPR
Two (2) working Days to raise OTD/CPR bills after reconciliation.
$6800 (0-100 GRT)
$10,200 (100,000 – 2000,000
$1316,600 (> 2000,000GRTR)
0.034 Per Barrels
Monitoring and Collecting Agent collects a commission of 5% of the revenue generated or as approved by the Management
- NPA appoints Managing Agents to monitor Service Boat movements
- Managing Agent Collects Master Declaration from NPA Harbours to capture all the movements
- Managing Agents return batched completed Master Declaration to the Harbour Master and to transmit to NPA Commercial for billing against respective operators.
- NPA Appointed Managing Agents collects and distributes bills raised to the Shipping Agents for payment
- Master Declaration
- Pilotage Chit
See NPA Dues and Rates for Compulsory Pilotage Rates on Service Boats Movement
Managing Agent collect 28% of revenue collected as commission