Claims Investigation and Refund
- Request/complain is forwarded to the Port Manager, who authorizes Commercial Department of the port to investigate, liaise with other relevant departments and stakeholders.
- The report of the investigation is submitted to the Port Manager, who approves the claim if any, after the Chief Internal Auditor has endorsed it.
- A Credit Note is then raised to reverse the debit balance of the Shipping Agent in the accounting books.
- Port Manager’s Authorization
- Provisional and Final Bills
- Report of investigation
- Any other relevant document
Two (2) weeks
Cancelled/Terminated/Aborted voyage of vessels:
USD 500 per Voyage/vessel or 1% of total bill, whichever is higher
- Commercial Dept. gives periodic update to Management on tariff for various services as it apply across the ports
- Periodic reports on the revenue generated in line with the tariff is forwarded to Management
- Makes recommendations on existing
- concession and rebates granted to operators
- Compiles the revenue earned or lost from the concession or rebates granted
- Make recommendations to Management on the sustainability of concession or rebates
- Conduct research into tariffs of other competing ports in the world
- Recommends review (upward or downward trend) of rates/charges
- Where necessary, recommends and apply tariffs in emerging/new services obtainable in the ports
- Management Directive
- Extant Rules and Regulations
- Ministerial Directive
Guided by Ministerial approval by the Honorable Minister (FMOT)
Conveyed by the Managing Director
Invoicing / Billing
- Shipping Agent will initiate the billing process by uploading vessel manifest through NPA’s Customer Portal.
- Invoices/Bills are generated and approved by NPA Billing Officers through the Revenue and Invoice Management System (RIMS).
Vessels E-Manifest in XML file format (same format as NCS e-manifest format).
Within 1 hour on the RIMS platform
As contained in the 2001 simplified Tariff
2006 Post Concession Tariff
- Commercial Dept. forwards invitation from Chambers of Commerce For Management approval
- Management approval sent to Executive Director, M&O for preparation of promotion Budget by Commercial Department
- After Management’s approval of the budget, preparations commences with payment to the chambers for space allocation and other logistics
- Dept. prepares address by Managing Director on current economic, trade and Maritime related issues
- Trade/Port promotion commences with MD’s address, flyers, brochures, souvenirs, conference, seminar, exhibition aimed at creating/stimulating awareness of captain of industries, SME (s), stakeholders Importers and Exporters (particularly local farmers) on the overall potentials of the ports
- Special session of dinner with the host and captain of industries, stakeholders, SME(s) Importer and Exporters
- Letter of invitation from the chambers/organizers
- Managing Director approval
- Promotion Budget from Commercial Department
1 to 3 months depending on the invitation received