NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
Relief Measures To Port Users Due To Outbreak Of COVID-19 – Extension Of Relief Period
- The Nigerian Ports Authority has directed all Terminal operators to extend the suspension of all applicable terminal storage fees on consignments (demurrage) for another fourteen days effective April 13, 2020. This follows the extension of the Lockdown in response to the COVID-19 outbreak by President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday, April 12, 2020.
- This gesture is in recognition of the pressure that the COVID-19 pandemic imposes on businesses, the responsibility imposed on the Authority to relief this burden on its customers as well as attaining the objective of the Federal Governmentâ€™s Ease of Doing Business Policy at this trying period.
- The Authority states that compensation to terminal operators will be as spelt out in its April 8, 2020 letter to the terminal operators.
- The authority will not tolerate any form of non-compliance with directive and not hesitate to apply the appropriate sanctions.
- The NPA thanks all stakeholders for their cooperation.
Jatto A Adams
General Manager, Corporate and Strategic Communications
Nigerian Ports Authority