GOODWILL MESSAGE DELIVERED BY THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY (NPA) AT THE 2019 3RD QUARTER GLOBAL MINISTERIAL SERVICOM COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION (FMOT) HOLDING AT BEST WESTERN HOTEL, OPPOSITE THE BAR BEACH, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS, ON WEDNESDAY 13TH NOVEMBER, 2019.
Honourable Minister of Transportation
All Chief Executives/Managing Directors in the Maritime Sector.
Men of the Press,
Ladies and Gentlemen
I am most honored to address you on this occasion of the 3rd Quarter Global Ministerial SERVICOM Committee Networking Meeting of the Federal Ministry of Transportation being hosted by the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).
NPA, being a service provider/regulator has made tremendous strides in ensuring full compliance with the SERVICOM principles. The SERVICOM Division has been in the vanguard of facilitating quality services to customers in the organization. It has also ensured that the organization is dedicated to deliver services to which citizens are entitled; timely, fairly, honestly, efficiently and transparently.
In order to impact positively on more Nigerians and for the organization’s service delivery efforts to be genuinely felt by our internal and external customers (Stakeholders), the SERVICOM team extended their frontiers beyond the internal customers but also to our strategic Stakeholders such as the Port Terminal Operators (Concessionaires), Shipping Companies, Freight Forwarders, Transport Owners, etc. through some of the following:
- The establishment of SERVICOM Departments in all port locations,
- A chat room, which provides routine responses to enquiries and complaints in less than ten (10) minutes during official hours except in extra ordinary cases through a dedicated computer manned by a SERVICOM Officer,
- A customer service week, capacity building programmes for SERVICOM officials,
- A quarterly stakeholders forum, provision of a line budget for the SERVICOM Division
- A new NPA website, which is constantly reviewed in line with the requirement of Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR)
- Approval of SERVICOM divisional retreat
- Provision of state of the art medical, recreational and creche facilities.
- Provision of 24-hour canteen services at the Lagos Port Complex and the
- Provision of a multipurpose hall at the Lagos Port Complex to enable the enlarge meetings.
The management of the NPA would like to assure the SERVICOM Committee of its continued support towards achieving objectives for the transportation sector. We will also continue to ensure that the in-house SERVICOM Division get the needed support to achieve its initiatives especially by continuously improving the capacity of personnel to give their best towards service delivery and treating our esteemed stakeholders in line with our believe that customer is king.
May I use this medium to charge the SERVICOM Team to always conduct strategic researches on the primary needs and aspiration of our esteemed customers. This in my opinion is one-way SERVICOM can investigate the needs of customers and enhance the ability of Ministries, Departments & Agencies (MDA’s) to deliver same.
Once again, I welcome you to the 3rd Quarter Global Ministerial SERVICOM Committee Networking Meeting and hope that decisions and resolutions reached at the meeting would help the NPA and indeed the Maritime Industry in Nigeria move forward.
I wish you all the best of luck, successful deliberations and safe journey back to your respective destinations.
Thank you for listening and God bless.